Sorry, but we’re in love with The Temple House. From first steps through its historic, Qing-dynasty courtyard into a subterranean world and beyond, The Temple House is a true journey of discovery, embracing both Eastern and Western values.
An integral part of the Chengdu Daci Temple Complex that surrounds historic Daci Temple, The Temple House centers around an old restored courtyard. Dappled light filters into it through a lattice of traditional window screens, illuminating brick, classic wood-carvings, timber overhangs and flying eaves. Greenery, stone pathways, a boutique, and dining options dot the fluid enclosure. A teahouse serves Chinese vegan bowls and fine teas, there are upscale French and Italian options, while barely-lit Jing slings cocktails into the small hours.
Rooms themselves are nature-inspired, kitted out in leather, wool and wood. They have these spa-like bathrooms with limestone-clad tubs and walk-in rain showers. And can we talk about the spa itself? At MI XUN day spa, you’ll submit soul and senses to the region’s best wellness therapists, relax in a beautiful pool where natural light pours in through gorgeous sculptural skylights, and float from gym to steam room to sauna with an air of tingly wellbeing.
Often disregarded but never disappointing, Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan and serves as the perfect backdrop for a quintessentially Chinese trip. The food here is top notch and hot, just like the eponymous Sichuan pepper, earning it UNESCO's first City of Gastronomy title. It's also home to some of China's most famous celebrities- pandas are bred and protected at the Giant Panda Breeding Center.
In this captivating city, ancient temples, cliffside Buddha carvings, and a centuries-old tea house culture meet lively nightlife, Sichuan style operas, and a craft beer central. You won't have to wander too far to experience the magic of ancient China, though. The Temple House is part of the Daci Temple Complex surrounding the Daci Temple.
The Fine Print
* Expires: 2/28/2021
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Can be applied towards best available rate
* Credits apply to reservation total, including tax and on-property spend
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure
* Cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts or offers.
* Credit can be applied to reservation total, room, restaurant, bar and spa.