Another stylish property in Swire's ‘House Collective’, The Middle House is replete with lavish touches, from the 3,630-piece handmade, Venetian-glass chandelier in the lobby to the delectable Shanghainese-Cantonese-Sichuan dim sum offerings at Sui Tang Li restaurant.
Imagine a very high-end, calm oasis in the buzzing hive of Asia's most dynamic city, that feels both refreshing and traditional. It exists, in the glitzy Jing’An district, and it oozes glamor and heritage.
The building’s exterior features innovative, round aluminum louvers, providing shade and privacy to its 111 spacious rooms while creating a textured façade. Inside, renowned Milanese designer Piero Lissoni has devised a modern masterpiece of sleek, bold lines and clean silhouettes. Artwork and sculptures dot the property, avoiding predictability—some are signature Lissoni, others feel quintessentially Shanghai.
The clutch of top-notch restaurants on property deserves a mention, as does the splendid spa. Rooms themselves are everything you would hope for in an oasis. All have freestanding tubs with views, Lululemon yoga mats, and bath products by Bamford.
Named for the Jing'an Temple at its center, this chic neighborhood marries the splendor of old world China with the city’s modern, international outlook. The 3rd-century temple itself has been expanded and renovated over the centuries such that it is an ode to architecture from throughout Chinese history. Nowadays, Jing'an is a trendy shopping area full of boutiques and bars. The juxtaposition of the wonderfully old and internationally modern pervades the area. There’s an authentic, 1930s art-deco dancehall across the street from the hotel. Some of the city's best international cuisine can be found here, too, alongside much of historical interest.
The Fine Print
* Expires: 2/28/2021
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Can be applied towards best available rate
* Credits apply to reservation total, including tax and on-property spend
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure
* Booking date: 3 days in advance.
* Cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts or offers.
* Credit can be used for room and spa.
* Credit cannot be applied to bookings during the following blackout dates: 25 - 27 Jun 2020, 1 - 8 Oct 2020, 24 - 25 Dec 2020, 31 Dec 2020 - 1 Jan 2021, 11 - 17 Feb 2021.