Nestled in the historical city center of Oaxaca—a UNESCO world heritage site—Hotel Escondido Oaxaca is a magical blend of Old World authenticity and contemporary allure. The 12-room property resides in both a 19th-century house and a newly built tower—and all of it is infused with the handiwork of the local artisans who have made this Mexican state a bastion of indigenous crafts and culture. A bold tribute to Brutalist architecture, the tower is a space for silence and relaxation, exclusive to the guests of the hotel, while the original structure—with its restaurant, bar, pool, coworking space, and Culture Room—serves as a gathering spot for creative locals and world travelers alike. With a color palette steeped in greens, ochers, and off-whites; local materials that include quarry stones, terracotta, indigenous textiles, and sabino wood; and custom-made black pottery, this is a sublimely alluring, handcrafted testament to the Mexico of yesterday and of the present moment.
Religious monuments, classic patrician townhouses, and streets lined with colonial dwellings combine to form the harmonious cityscape of Oaxaca. Located in the Valles Centrales region of Oaxaca State, Oaxaca is world renowned for its beauty, cuisine, and natural and cultural resources. In addition to taking in its rich history, many people use Oaxaca City as a base to explore surrounding sites, which include the mystical ruins of Mitla and Monte Álban.
The Fine Print
* Expires: 12/31/2021
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Can be applied towards best available rate
* Credits apply to reservation total, including tax and on-property spend
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure