This super hipster hotel in the heart of cool East Austin, surrounded by bars, breweries, coffee dens, street art and live music, is a scene unto itself, with its own set of industrial interiors, cosmic collages, sweet eats, and good cheer.
ARRIVE Austin’s 83 rooms couldn’t be cooler, boasting industrial cement floors, king beds with custom millwork and Egyptian cotton bedding, boho rugs, leather chairs, and retro Marshall speakers. Generous bathrooms are kitted out in marble and subway tiles, with plush Turkish towels to envelop in after long hot rainfall showers. Life is just as good when it’s time to eat and meet. On site there’s Vixen’s Wedding, serving up Goan- and Portuguese-inspired dishes family style; there’s Lefty’s Brick Bar, crafting bar bites and frosty cocktails to give you both brain freeze and the jollies; and there’s the brilliant Gin Bar on the roof, serving, well, gin. It’s all done with a bright, modern creative aplomb that gives one hope for the next wave of hospitality.
Great, old Mexican restaurants, trendy new bars, food trucks, and a growing number of boutique hotels and shops, Austin’s east side is a lesson in gentrification without ever going basic. If you're already familiar with downtown Austin, know that life is a little different on this side of the highway. We prefer it here.
For drinks, Stay Gold is one of East Austin’s coolest lounges, home to jazz and soul and good cocktails. You'll find boozy treats at Prohibition Creamery, a speakeasy-style ice cream parlor with flavors including sangria and bourbon. For a caffeine hit, Cartel Coffee Lab inside the hotel is a winner, although Cuvee up the road is the local Godfather of third wave coffee, and worth checking out. Now's a great time to go explore Austin’s food-truck scene. Track down Las Trancas Taqueria for street tacos that pack a flavorful punch, and wash a few down with Mexican soda.
The Fine Print
* Expires: 12/31/2022
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Must book two nights minimum. Can be applied towards best available rate
* Credits apply to reservation total, including tax and on-property spend
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure
* Blackouts apply for the following dates: Oct 25, 2020 (Formula 1) / March 12-20, 2021 (SXSW) / Oct 1-10, 2021 (ACL)