A vibrant mix of opposites, designed to blur the notion of a hotel, this remarkable work by Japanese architect/designer Kengo Kuma is the most playful, joyful, and maybe even romantic place to stay in all of Beijing.
The Opposite House feels like the future; a concept somewhere between art installation, Hollywood depiction of heaven, and the dream of digital. It might not even be a hotel. It looks like it was built in Minecraft—its six stories clad in giant green glass pixels.
Step into your room and the limestone walls, aromatic oak floors, under-floor heating, and gauzy curtains offer warmth and welcome. Be soothed by the straight lines, the oak soaking tub, the reflecting pools. Indulge in your room’s complimentary mini bar. Go admire the pool that’s almost too beautiful to use. You don’t need to go out for dinner, The Opposite House has destination eateries of its own, notably Michelin-starred Jing Yaa Tang—the spot for Beijing's famous Peking Duck. It’s hard to imagine ever leaving, and maybe that’s the idea.
In fashionable Sanlitun in Dongcheng District, central Beijing, The Opposite House offers easy access to the city's history and culture. Only 10 minutes from the Forbidden City and other remarkable landmarks, The Opposite House also sits among the best of modern China. Sample Beijing's rising coffee scene at any of the chic cafes in the Wudaoying Hutong area, also home to stores peddling handcrafted items. Hear the sizzle of hot woks, feel the burn of Sichuan pepper, taste the rich heat of spicy crayfish on Ghost Street, the buzzing night market that dishes out all kinds of Chinese food until dawn.
The Fine Print
* Expires: 2/28/2021
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Can be applied towards best available rate
* Credits apply to reservation total, including tax and on-property spend
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure
* Cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts or offers.
* Credit can be applied to reservation total, including room, restaurant, and bar.